Bulgarian Association for Development of Psychomotricity (BAPMТ)
Main goal of BAPMТ:
The sustainable development of Psychomotricity in Bulgaria, perceived as a body-based, play-based approach to psycho-social development and its transformation into a, a human, ethically approved professional routine and practice in service of teachers, educators, psychologists, therapists, etc.
Time and place:
The emergence of Psychomotricity in Bulgaria at the present moment of social development must be viewed and considered in a specific sociocultural and sociopolitical context. It refers to the fierce power nature of human relations in Bulgaria, the difficulties of overcoming the institutionalism and the power approach of the pedagogical paradigm, on the one hand, and the reform of the childcare system and Pre-school and School Education, on the other.
We consider this conflict a significant challenge at the ethical development of psychosocial approaches supporting the healthy development of children and adults.
– Conducting trainings in Educational and Therapeutic Psychomotricity;
– Development and maintenance of standards for professional development;
– Presenting and protection of community interests of the emerging group of professionals of psychomotor specialists;
– Promoting professional and ethical psychomotor work by adopting and applying European standards;
– Collaboration with a wide range of specialists (physicians, pediatricians, nurses, social workers, teachers and educators, dance therapists, occupational therapists and other professionals who support the development of psychomotor expression through co-regulating play) in professional forums, trainings and research.
– Supporting institutions (Social Care Homes, hospitals, Pediatric Departments, Sanatoriums and other) with the aim of preventing hospitalism and institutionalism.
– Integrating Educational Psychomotricity in the professional development of primary teachers and educators who envision Psychomotricity as a practice of choice in Kindergartens and Primary Educational classes at schools.